Everybody gets a pimple in his/her lifetime. Some people have reoccurring pimple throughout their lifetime called ACNE. The first thing you have to realize that you are beautiful no matter what anyone says. Second thing is to be confident in your own skin. I hate to break this to y’all but there is absolutely NO CURE FOR ACNE. You have to realize that you won’t just wake up one morning with smooth skin. It’s a gradual process that needs dedication and time. Whether you have acne or not, you need a beauty regimen to keep that beautiful glowing skin of yours. Pimples can be prevented from forming, all you have to do is to attack the evil one from the root!!! I am going to share MY VERY OWN BEAUTY REGIMEN THAT I’VE BEEN ON FOR TWO YEARS NOW.
As the saying goes, “No Pain No Gain”. So let’s begin:
- I make sure I exfoliate my skin at least 3times a week. I was and I’m still using St Ives Apricot Scrub. A lot of people do not like this product because it’s very coarse but there are other brands that still do the same thing like Edens Apricot Scrub. Exfoliating the skin is very good because it gets rid of dead skin cells. When choosing a brand make sure it is a brand that won’t clog your pores
I invested in a face cleanser. I use Neutrogena face cleanser with pink grapefruit and Neutrogena body cleanser with pink grapefruit. The body cleanser is to stop all those pimples on your chest arms and it’s also good for face breakouts. It contains salicyclic acid to help absorb all the oil in your face without over drying. You could also invest in a cleanser with a benzoyl peroxide as it works too on absorbing oils from the skin. It is important to wash your face not more than twice a day.
TIPS FOR SMOOTHER SKIN
- Use warm water to wash your face because it opens your pores and reduces the risk of clogged pores leading to roughness.
- DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT POP YOUR PIMPLES. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I’M GOING TO SAY THIS. PLEASE DO NOT POP YOUR PIMPLES.
- I remember vividly how my mom would always slap my hands if I touched my face randomly. The amount of germs that are transferred to your face from your hands are much.
- Practice personal and environmental hygiene: Always bath twice a day,change your bedsheets and pillowcase weekly.
- NEVER SLEEP WITH MAKEUP ON. Girls do this a lot then be complaining that makeup spoils the skin when you didn’t even take care of your skin in the first place. Please wash your face before you sleep and stop blaming the innocent foundations.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Moisturize your face daily to get that soft feeling. You might want to keep that your greasy body lotion off your face. I use St Ives Timeless Skin (if you apply this under makeup it is the bomb).
- Use Oil-free foundations to keep your skin healthy.
Also, remember I said that there is no cure for acne but you can always stop it from happening in the first instance and kill the ones that are already on your skin. I’ve been using this regimen for 2 years and I still get breakout. It’s just to tame it down so as to minimize scarring and dark spots. Whatever regimen you are using just be faithful to it and don’t be changing products constantly.
Leave your comments and suggestion down in the comment box.